Summer has arrived
Our daisies fill our front yard with perfect white blooms, my favorite Kansas sunflowers fill a vase in our living room, and our glorious petunias welcome students and friends to our front door. The ocean is a gorgeous blue this time of year reflecting an equally blue sky. Summer at the Oregon beach has arrived and all I can say is, “WOW!”
As we enjoy those “WOWs” of summer in Oregon, the summer is also a time to create or re-live some “WOW” moments in our music-making:
- David and I had the thrill of performing our Bach and Sons show at the Regional American Guild of Organists convention in late June.
- Last week I received from Adrienne Tindall of Darcey Press several volumes of new organ music and another composer sent an organ suite to me to preview. Another summer “WOW” for me as I began playing through some interesting and creative new music.
- David and I will share some reflections of past “WOW!” music-making moments in our July/August Pro-Motion Music newsletter.
So what will be your musical “WOW!” moments this summer? Will you…
- discover a new piece to learn?
- perform a favorite piece at worship or for friends in your home?
- complete a goal?
- plan your fall recital music?
- listen to recordings of your past performances on the student web page?
- attend a concert or workshop?
- play a fabulous organ?
Happy practicing and happy music-making and music-sharing as you create your “WOWs!” this summer.
Dr. Jeannine Jordan, concert organist