I would like to invite you to join me in promoting the organ in new and creative ways. How?
- Invite a friend to attend an organ concert
- Listen to organ CDs and share your favorites with a family member
- Share links of a YouTube video of your favorite organist with a young person
- Provide lessons for an organ student–child or adult
- Give the gift of a workshop to your church organist
- Read books about the world of the organ and share your knowledge with your spouse or a friend
- Encourage a church or local community organization to host an organ event
- Subscribe to the Diapason
- Join the American Guild of Organists
- Take time to compliment and encourage your church organist
- Take organ lessons yourself
- Give a Wayne Leupold Organ Activity Book to a child and work through it with them
- Visit the Pro-Motion Music website to find a wealth of organ related information to share
These are only a few ways to promote the organ and in turn secure the future of the organ, its music and performers in the world. I challenge you to do all you can to secure the future of the organ.
Jeannine Jordan, concert organist